Love them or hate them — soundbars are one of the crucial fashionable merchandise in shopper A/V. House theater purists deride their questionable sound high quality and plastic development, however the gross sales figures show that buyers have adopted them by the tens of millions across the globe. They is probably not our first selection with regards to two-channel audio, however the class has taken an enormous leap ahead in high quality with the Sonos Arc, Sennheiser AMBEO, and Principle Audio Design 5.2.2 soundbar programs. The brand new Klipsch Cinema 1200 Soundbar system goals to raise the model into that esteemed group of merchandise.
Assist for Dolby Atmos has grow to be a advertising and marketing time period in 2021 versus any precise clarification of the expertise and whether or not or not it truly works that properly in soundbars; having reviewed round 20 with the expertise, I can let you know with some extent of confidence that the majority get it mistaken.
I used to be a guinea pig for Dolby a few years in the past through the improvement of Dolby Atmos and was current throughout among the non-public periods when the format was rolled out within the business theater world; the house theater expertise except we’re speaking about devoted in-ceiling and in-wall audio system doesn’t come even near what the expertise is able to.
Soundbars that help Dolby Atmos are a ‘3’ if one of the best business movie show programs are a ’10’ from a efficiency perspective. The Principle Audio Design 5.2.2 system that we simply reviewed would earn a ‘7.5 – 8.0’ in a devoted room utilizing Atmos and the Acurus Muse.
There’s an enormous hole between these merchandise — and there needs to be contemplating the distinction in worth.
The Klipsch Cinema 1200 Soundbar system does pack loads of expertise in 4 loudspeaker enclosures so will probably be attention-grabbing to listen to the way it compares for $1,500.
When Dolby Atmos first launched as a house theater format, loudspeaker manufacturers rushed to launch audio system with the peak modules built-in into their entrance and rear channels. Only a few of them sounded excellent. Not a shock when one considers that Dolby has very particular setup tips in regard to the peak channels and the place they should be positioned.
The Klipsch Cinema 1200 Soundbar system integrates 4 upward firing 3-inch Cerametallic drivers (2 within the soundbar, 2 within the rear channel audio system) to recreate the Dolby Atmos top channels.
The Cinema 1200 Dolby Atmos Soundbar system options HDMI eARC and 8K HDR video pass-through which makes it appropriate with an HDMI cable with nearly each new HDTV in that regard.
The 54-inch width of the soundbar will make the system extra visually engaging to customers who’re already utilizing or considering a 65-inch 4K TV in 2021.
You’ll be able to learn extra concerning the system options and specs beneath however there are a number of objects that will probably be entrance and heart throughout our evaluation later in Q3.
- How does the present era of upward firing drivers enhance the Dolby Atmos top expertise? Klipsch tried this earlier than with separate top modules and we’re hoping it really works higher.
- How does this method deal with music?
- How does the brand new wi-fi subwoofer examine to Klipsch’s present passive fashions?
- How does the Cinema 1200 powered soundbar system examine to the Sonos Arc/Sub/One SL wi-fi soundbar system which is $350 extra?
Klipsch Cinema 1200 Soundbar System
- 11 audio system with built-in amplification
- three 1″ smooth dome tweeters mated to Tractrix horns for extensive dispersion
- six 3″ high-output oval fiber-composite midrange drivers
- two 3″ up-firing Cerametallic cone woofers
- wraparound grille fabric and premium black wooden endcaps
- interchangeable walnut endcaps included
- low-profile bar will be wall-mounted or positioned in your TV stand
- Dolby® Digital and Dolby Digital Plus decoding
- dialogue mode for enhanced vocal readability
- 54″W x 2-15/16″H x 6-3/16″D
- 12″ fiber-composite cone woofer in wooden enclosure
- ported enclosure for enhanced low-frequency response
- syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- 15-5/8″W x 20-3/8″H x 15-7/8″D
Rear audio system (every):
- 3″ high-output oval fiber-composite midrange driver
- 3″ up-firing Cerametallic cone woofer
- 4-13/16″W x 8-7/8″H x 4-15/16″D
Connections and common data:
- 2 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output (one cable included)
- helps eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) and ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- options HDCP 2.3 for 8K HDR video passthrough
- optical digital audio enter
- 3.5mm minijack analog audio enter
- mono RCA subwoofer output for including second sub or changing included wi-fi sub with a wired sub
- keyhole brackets for wall-mounting (wall template included)
- backlit distant management with subwoofer quantity adjustment
The place to Purchase
The Klipsch Cinema 1200 Soundbar system is obtainable for pre-order now for $1499 at Audio Recommendation. Coming quickly to Crutchfield and Amazon.